POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Image Map Feature Question/Request : Re: Image Map Feature Question/Request Server Time
13 Aug 2024 13:19:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image Map Feature Question/Request
From: Ron Parker
Date: 16 Nov 1998 12:05:54
Message: <36505b72.0@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 15 Nov 1998 06:10:38 -0800, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:
>Dan Connelly wrote:
>
>> I respectfully disagree.  The documentation is incredibly clear.
>> A simple "translate <-0.5, -0.5, -0.5>" centers things -- this is
>> so trivial there is no reason to change the source code.
>>
>> --
>> http://www.flash.net/~djconnel/
>
>I respectfully disagree with your respectful disagreement.
>Your simple example is 28 characters long. That's a lot
>of simple typing. Nor does it redily explain the ambiguity.

I respectfully disagree with your characterization of the
situation as an ambiguity, since it's consistent among things
that use images.  The real question is why image maps are on
the x-y plane and height fields on the x-z plane.  I also
respectfully disagree with your contention that it's 28
characters... "translate -.5" is only 13.